- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet ‘n Spicy Sauce
- 1 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large French bread loaf
- In a large skillet, brown beef in olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic and green pepper. Cook another few minutes.
- Add barbecue sauce, olives, chili powder, cumin and salt. Mix thoroughly and add cheese.
- Slice French bread lengthwise and remove most of soft bread leaving a 1/2 inch shell.
- Place on a baking sheet and spoon in filling.
- Bake in a preheated 450 degrees oven for 15 to 20 minutes until crisp and bubbly.
- Remove and cut each half in 6 slices. Serve immediately.