- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 small to medium-sized red bell peppers, tops removed and seeded
- In a medium-sized pan, heat the oil over medium high heat and cook the red onion until translucent, then add ground beef, stirring occasionally until the beef is no longer pink.
- Add Sweet Baby Ray’s Original Barbecue Sauce, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, black pepper, and salt. Stir well to combine and remove from burner.
- Sit each pepper on a piece of aluminum foil to form a base to keep the peppers upright on the grill.
- Fill each pepper with the meat mixture and place on the grill on medium low heat for 20-25 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Sprinkle each pepper with remaining shredded cheese and grill, covered, for an additional 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the grill, drizzle with barbecue sauce, and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, then serve and enjoy.